If you’re looking to get the most out of your 5.7 L Hemi, there are a few performance upgrades you should consider. Installing a cold air intake and exhaust system are a great place to start, and will help your engine breathe better and run cooler. You can also improve throttle response with a tuner or aftermarket computer chip, and increase power output with a new set of headers or supercharger. No matter what modifications you make, be sure to keep your engine well-maintained so it performs at its best.
What is Performance Upgrades
Performance upgrades are modifications to a vehicle that improve its power, efficiency, or speed. There are several ways to do so, including adding more efficient air intake systems, better fuel injection systems, and even turbochargers for cars with powerful engines. Certain upgrades, however, are more effective than others.
These are the best performance upgrades for 5.7 L Hemi engines:
- Throttle body spacer (reduces turbo lag)
- Fuel injectors (increases horsepower)
- Catalytic converter delete (allows engine to run at higher temperatures)
- Downpipe (allows exhaust gases out of cylinders faster, increasing power output when gas pedal is pressed down.)
- High flow air filter (greater amount of airflow into combustion chambers increases horsepower)
What types of Performance Upgrades are available for 5.7 Hemi?
There are many types of performance upgrades available for the 5.7 L Hemi engine. Some of these are internal, while others are external. One internal upgrade is a cold air intake, which includes an air filter that can be placed anywhere in the engine compartment to supply cooler outside air. This improves gas mileage and acceleration due to its lighter weight compared to factory air filters that use paper or foam media instead of metal mesh with open pores coating on one side of it. Lighter materials allow the engine to breathe more easily resulting in quicker throttle response time along with better fuel economy under normal conditions. An external upgrade is replacing stock exhaust manifolds with true true dual exhaust headers. This drastically improves the engine’s ability to breathe by having less back pressure and better flow as well as increased power at low RPM along with improved fuel economy under normal conditions.
One type of external upgrade is a cold air intake, which includes an air filter that can be placed anywhere in the engine compartment to supply cooler outside air. This improves gas mileage and acceleration due to its lighter weight compared to factory air filters that use paper or foam media instead of metal mesh with open pores coating on one side of it. Lighter materials allow the engine to breathe more easily resulting in quicker throttle response time along with better fuel economy under normal conditions.
Another external upgrade is replacing stock exhaust manifolds with true dual exhaust headers. This drastically improves the engine’s ability to breathe by having less back pressure and better flow as well as increased power at low RPM along with improved fuel economy under normal conditions.
Why is it important to upgrade Performance Upgrades in 5.7 Hemi?
It is important to upgrade Performance Upgrades in 5.7 Hemi because they are the foundation of a powerful engine that will last for years. If you are looking for the best performance upgrades, consider one or more of these:
1) Tune (& fueling): This should be first on your list, especially if you are just beginning to tune. Many people have experienced hard-starting problems due to poor tuning, weak injector pulse widths, and incorrectly set values for things like fuel trim. If you simply supply the engine with more consistent quantities of fuel, ignition timing, and airflow via tuning, you will notice a substantial difference in horsepower gains on top of your bolt-on performance modifications.
2) Intake: An intake does not always need to be installed for maximum power or throttle response, but it can help reduce stress under hard driving conditions (such as drag racing).
3) Headers: Installing headers may significantly increase low-end torque. Because they save weight due to having less material than exhaust manifolds, they also provide better weight distribution on the 5.7 HEMI engine. This results in less stress on other components; therefore increasing their life expectancy while improving overall performance.
4) Exhaust: Installing a new exhaust system can improve low-end torque, reduce overall weight of the engine, increase throttle response, and provide an aggressive sound.
5) Cams: A camshaft is attached to the timing chain of an engine to adjust the tension on the timing chain as well as operate valves at various times during operation. A camshaft can be used to enhance power output by increasing horsepower through better valve control which results in more efficient combustion within each cylinder. If you are looking for your first performance upgrade(s), do not install any cams just yet because they are usually tuned specifically for certain types of intakes or headers that will only match with some exhausts combinations.
Improves gas mileage on average 7 miles per gallon, Increases throttle response time & increases torque between 1800 RPM to 4800 RPM ranges, Increases horsepower from 20% on stock configuration, Increases torque up to 10 lbft, Engine can rev faster resulting in lower engine idle.
The top best product [hide]
5.7 HEMI Tuners & Tuning
New 5.7 L Hemi Vehicles come with an ECU that limits the vehicles’ horsepower in order to prevent potential damage and warranty issues. A performance computer chip or custom tuner is designed to increase horsepower and torque by removing factory installed restrictions in your engine’s software programming (referred to as “reflashing” in this article) without having to physically modify any of your car’s parts. It will improve throttle response, give you more power throughout RPM range , and maximize fuel efficiency . You can expect approximately 30% more horsepower and torque.
Check out this Bully Dog GT Platinum Tuner for Gas Applications
Whether you are looking for that extra bit of power for your tow rig, or simply trying to get better mileage, a tuner/programmer should be next on your list. A tuner communicates directly with your car/trucks computer via the OBD2 diagnostic port and allows you to take control of your ride. The many adjustable features such as speedometer correction, transmission shift point adjustment, diagnostics, speed limiter removal/set, and gauge monitoring, makes for the most robust tool at your disposal. The simplicity of installation takes away any doubt that you might have as to whether or not a programmer is right for you.
- Wide make & model fit – Fitting a wide array of Ford, Dodge, Nissan & GM Gas Models. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- Fuel economy – Enjoy fuel saving preloads for long-haul and around town driving. As well as other downloadable features
- Heads up display – Monitor over 15 performance parameters at a glance with a dynamic LCD display mounted on a pillar, window, or dash
- Pick your power – Utiliize multiple preloads and up to 10 custom tune files to match your vehicle and performance needs
- Code Clearing – Diagnose and clear trouble codes to ensure proper engine operation
5.7 HEMI Performance Intake Mods
A cold-air intake kit for your car is also a very popular performance upgrade . It allows you to take advantage of more power by increasing airflow into your engine . The kit comes with an aluminum heat shield that protects the filter from hot underhood temperatures and directs cooler air towards the engine’s throttle body. That will definitely give you more horsepower, torque, and better fuel economy . It is made by K&N which has been in business since 1969 and does not compromise on quality or performance, so you know your engine is in good hands.
K&N Air Filters are designed for increased horsepower offering 50% more airflow with excellent filtration. Manufactured for a wide variety of applications, K&N Oiled Cotton Air Filters are used with most K&N Air Intake systems. Blackhawk series Air Intake systems use K&N’s non-oiled Dryflow Synthetic media. All air filters are constructed with ultra-strong molded pliable rubber flanges which absorb vibration and allow for secure attachment.
- Guaranteed to provide increased horsepower and acceleration.
- Engineered to specific vehicle design.
- Air filter is washable and reusable for extreme durability, but can also be easily replaced if necessary.
- Replaces OEM filter and air box, and is designed to use factory holes and mounting points whenever possible.
- Million mile limited warranty.
5.7 HEMI Headers Upgrades
Headers are best used in combination with other types of upgrades to the engine, but still offer great results on their own that will increase horsepower and torque output while providing easy installation due to the forgiving nature of the 5.7L Hemi engine. They also provide an excellent improvement in sound quality thanks to reduced backpressure, allowing more air flow through the exhaust system which creates a deeper tone when powering out of corners or up hills. This addition can spruce up the sound of your car without too much cost or effort, making them an excellent choice for those who are after good looks and performance.
POWERGO MOTORSPORT manufactures the most popular line of Shorty Headers in U.S.A. It has been proved by our customers that our products are reliable and efficient by nature due to their perfect fit, reliable performance. More and more people choose POWERGO MOTORSPORT Shorty Headers for their vehicles, as there’re a lot of satisfied customers.
- Fully mandrel bent tubes made of 16-gauge (1.5mm thickness) 304 stainless steel
- Head flange laser-cut from 3/8-inch (9.5mm) thick steel plates and flattened by hydraulic press; with chrome coating
- Polished surface for extra resistance against rusting; all joints TIG welded for great resistance against cracking and wearing
5.7L Exhaust Systems
A cat-back exhaust system is another popular performance upgrade that helps increase power and torque by getting rid of the restrictive stock factory installed mufflers, resonators , etc., therefore letting the engine release its pent up energy with less resistance . The kit’s piping has a larger diameter than the factory installed mufflers making it easier for air to flow into the engine.
Flowmaster Inc. The Performance Technology Company is a pioneer in the design, manufacturing and distribution of performance exhaust systems / kits for cars, pick-up trucks, muscle cars, foreign cars, SUVs, diesel trucks and many other vehicles. We have over 350 exhaust systems / kits available for different year, make and model applications.
- Moderate Sound exterior exhaust tone
- Includes hangers and hardware for easy installation
- Connects After Factory Catalytic Converter
5.7 HEMI Cam Upgrades
Camshafts are another popular upgrade that can help increase horsepower and torque by providing more aggressive valve timing events, which allow for an increased cylinder pressure ratio within the engine. This results in improved throttle response as well as top-end power gains over other types of mods such as headers or intakes. Although the camshaft is a rather expensive upgrade it is worth it for those who want maximum performance from their car without going overboard with large engine components like long tube headers or a high flow cat converter. Camshafts come in many different styles and sizes, depending on what kind of performance you want from your vehicle.
Check out this MDS GELUOXI (MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit)
This Cam Lifter Kit will make your car run like new. The components are inspected for quality and reliability before leaving the factory to ensure long life, with superior performance guaranteed in every component!
- This Cam Lifter Kit Includs: MDS Lifters Set + MDS VVT Camshaft + Head Gaskets Seals Bolts Kit. VVT Stand for (variable valve timing ), MDS Stand for ( multiple displacement system).
- All components are closely inspected and validated to meet the strictest quality standards to ensure a long lifetime, and tested before leaving factory to make sure reliability and superior performance.
- Make your car runs like brand new.
When to make Upgrades in 5.7 Hemi
Hemi Engine owners can safely upgrade their 5.7 L V8 from the factory with plenty of bolt-on performance parts, but it’s important to know where to draw the line between improving power and reliability. Luckily you don’t have to do a lot for an engine that already has excellent power ratings at 390 horsepower and 407 lb·ft of torque, making it a very capable machine out-of-the-box. This article will focus on how much power is safe for your Hemi engine by suggesting five easy upgrades that can gain massive amounts of performance without requiring any major work or custom fabrication.
The 5.7 L Hemi is a great engine for everyday driving and long-distance trips thanks to its comfort, smoothness, fuel economy and power. There are many who wish they could get even more from their engines though. If you’re one of those people, then this article is for you – we’ll be going over the top 5 best performance upgrades that can increase your Hemi’s horsepower and torque as well as improve its fuel mileage.
In conclusion, the 5.7 L Hemi is a very powerful engine that can be improved by performance parts made for it. The best way to improve this engine’s performance is by using a cold air intake to replace the factory air filter box and piping, a throttle body spacer to improve airflow from the butterfly valves inside the throttle body, an exhaust system to free up restrictions in the exhaust system and remove catalytic converters, headers to make better use of each cylinder’s exhaust gases as they leave, and finally a programmer to adjust timing and fuel delivery accordingly.