If you’re the proud owner of a 5.7 Hemi RAM, then you know that it’s a powerful truck. While the factory tuning usually does a good job, there are some who want to take their truck’s performance to the next level. If that sounds like you, then you’ll need to find the best tuner for 5.7 Hemi RAM trucks. There are plenty of options on the market, but not all of them are created equal. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best tuners for Hemi trucks – so that you can make an informed decision and get the most out of your vehicle. Read on to learn more!
- The GT Platinum Gas design allows you to monitor a full range of parameters in order to keep an eye on critical engine data
- Fitting a wide array of Ford, Dodge, Nissan & GM Gas Models. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- Enjoy fuel saving preloads for long-haul and around town driving. As well as other downloadable features
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Bully Dog GT Platinum Tuner for Gas Applications at Amazon!
- One simple cable connection to the OBDII (diagnostic) port
- Available for both gas and diesel pickups and SUVs
- Used to save the stock files from the vehicle's computer and then upload the Edge calibrations into the vehicle's computer
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Edge Products CTS2 Gas Evolution Programmer at Amazon!
- Great tunes for out of the box, and custom tunes, for when you take your ride to the next level with the Trinity T2 Platinum
- Pre-loaded, high-performance tunes in addition to custom tuning capability
- 5" capacitive touch screen give you the sharpest graphic display
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your DiabloSport Trinity 2 EX Platinum at Amazon!
- Pre-loaded with dyno-tested performance programs designed specifically for your car or truck
- Optimizes drivability
- Adds some bottom-end horsepower
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your DiabloSport inTune i3 at Amazon!
- Features may vary based on year, make & model. 2011-14 Ram 5.7L 2500 & 3500 models are not supported by this product. Does not support CAB & Chassis applications.
- Brand New Superchips Flashpaq F5 In-Cab Tuner, HEMI Gasoline & 5.9L/6.7L Cummins Diesel, Compatible with 1998-2014 Dodge RAM & Chrysler Vehicles
- The Flashpaq covers HEMI gas trucks & 5.9L & 6.7L Cummins diesel engines.
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your NEW SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ F5 IN-CAB TUNER,HEMI GASOLINE & 5.9L,6.7L CUMMINS DIESEL,COMPATIBLE WITH 1998-2014 DODGE RAM & CHRYSLER VEHICLES at Amazon!
Overall #1 Best Tuner
Whether you are looking for that extra bit of power for your tow rig, or simply trying to get better mileage, a tuner/programmer should be next on your list. A tuner communicates directly with your car/trucks computer via the OBD2 diagnostic port and allows you to take control of your ride. The many adjustable features such as speedometer correction, transmission shift point adjustment, diagnostics, speed limiter removal/set, and gauge monitoring, makes for the most robust tool at your disposal. The simplicity of installation takes away any doubt that you might have as to whether or not a programmer is right for you.
- Wide make & model fit – Fitting a wide array of Ford, Dodge, Nissan & GM Gas Models. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- Fuel economy – Enjoy fuel saving preloads for long-haul and around town driving. As well as other downloadable features
- Heads up display – Monitor over 15 performance parameters at a glance with a dynamic LCD display mounted on a pillar, window, or dash
- Pick your power – Utiliize multiple preloads and up to 10 custom tune files to match your vehicle and performance needs
- Code Clearing – Diagnose and clear trouble codes to ensure proper engine operation
What is Tuner
Tuner is a module of the vehicle computer system that modifies how engine control works. A tuner, in simple terms, can be thought of as an engine management system that controls the air/fuel mixtures running through your engine. It also calculates many other factors such as; timing, idle speed, fuel pressure etc. What this means for you is that by doing away with the factory installed unit (which limits power), you are able to unleash all of your car’s potential power safely and efficiently.
What Kind of Features Will a Tuner Offer?
There are several features that can be offered by tuners for 5.7 Hemi Ram, including:
- Towing/Performance enhancements
- better fuel economy with performance enhancement
- increased horsepower
- improved torque
- water/methanol injection support
- engine protection with reduced chance of failure upon upgrading engine internals or installing new turbocharger/supercharger
- XREAS suspension system control so it doesn’t activate on gains in power (XREAS will activate when AFS senses increased load)
- custom tunes for your specific set up -improved shifting with firmer/smoother shifts
- boosted fuel economy when cruising rather than towing or hauling than your factory setup.
- exhaust brake support
- cooling fan control so that engine doesn’t overheat when running into tow/haul mode
Why is it important to upgrade Tuner in 5.7 Hemi RAM?
Upgrading Tuner helps you to:
- Increase Engine performance (especially in RPM);
- Increase Torque;
- Regeneration (your vehicle will automatically slow down when stopping at traffic light for electric engine).
Where is Tuner located in 5.7 Hemi RAM?
The tuner is located directly under the blower on the passenger side of the motor. It can be removed by taking off a few lines and 2 bolts.
How to choose Tuner for 5.7 Hemi RAM?
The market is full of tuners available online or in local shops across the country, but not all programmers are created equally – some are just better than others. While high tech accessories are certainly important when looking into purchasing any product targeted at tech-savvy consumers who enjoy personalizing their cars, there are a few other features and capabilities that should be considered when narrowing down which programmer will best suit your needs and style of driving.
Power chips and performance modules for vehicles are usually tailored to fit specific car models. They can either be tuned for maximum power output or maximum fuel efficiency, depending on the user’s preference. Vehicle owners who want more horsepower in their cars can benefit from having performance controllers installed on these cars by professionals.
First of all, you have to know what are your vehicle’s stock performance data.
In order to choose the right tuner for 5.7 Hemi RAM, you have to consider your driving habit and engine’s condition. Don’t just go for a tuner with a huge horsepower increase because you might damage your engine through overboosting or by being unable to control the extra power that you have gained from it. Consider protection against gas prices too because there are some tuners that will limit your car’s MPG in order to gain more power from the vehicle. Most people recommend getting a custom tune from someone who is well known around town as a trustworthy mechanic, but if not here are some good choices.
Best Tuner for 5.7 Hemi RAM
The top best product [hide]
NEW SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ F5 IN-CAB TUNER,HEMI GASOLINE & 5.9L,6.7L CUMMINS DIESEL,COMPATIBLE WITH 1998-2014 DODGE RAM & CHRYSLER VEHICLES
When should you change the Tuner
The answer to this question depends on what you value. If your factory radio has stopped working altogether, it’s time to get a new tuner. Otherwise, it’s possible that you won’t need to replace the tuner for several years. You can obtain a suitable replacement from Solid Signal and usually install it without paying a professional installer. The hardest part is usually making room for the new element by removing and re-installing your dash components after you’ve removed the old element.
The tuner is an important part of your Hemi Ram truck, and it needs to be replaced periodically. When you hit the rev limiter too many times, this can cause your tuner to experience a failure. Another reason why you should upgrade or replace your tuner is because after several thousand miles, the tuning becomes less effective and leads to poor fuel-air mixture and idling issues.
How to change the Tuner Yourself
What you will need: B5.7 Hemi Ram, 10mm socket wrench with 1/4 drive ratchet, needle nose pliers, flat head screwdriver (to remove the 2 screws closest to the cabin), Philips #30 Torx Bit (with driver), drill with 3/8 bit or tap set with taper tap, lithium grease, dielectric grease, electrical tape.
Turn off vehicle and pop hood – There are two screws on either side of the engine bay that hold it in place (red circles). Use a Phillips #30 Torx bit to take them out.
Unplug all connections from old tuner – First locate input line wires (black circle) and sensor connector cables. Use needle nose pliers to pull them out, or press the release buttons on the side of the cable (red arrow).
Remove 2 screws holding old tuner in place – These are located on either side of the engine bay next to where you unplugged your cables from earlier. Use a Philips #30 Torx bit to take them out.
Plug your new tuner into all connections then re-connect cables and screw it into place – Be sure not to over tighten screws as they will strip and be impossible to remove.
Close hood and enjoy!
- Optional: Put dielectric grease on all your electrical connectors before plugging them back in – This will help prevent corrosion and maintain a proper connection.
- Optional: Use lithium grease or other lubricant to lube up all your connections – This will also help prevent corrosion and provide smoother motion for the connections. The TPS connector should be greased as well (red arrow).
- Optional: Tap into stock wire harness behind the DRL box – This will allow you to use the mod with any tuner in the future.
- Optional: Use locking connectors – They’re much easier to use than regular bullet connectors when testing cables and swapping out different components or vehicles.
- Optional: You can plug your OBD2 scanner into the new Tuner for live gauges/parameters (dyno, hp gains, etc.)
- Optional: There are more than 5 OBD 2 ports on your truck. The one behind the ashtray is least obstructed and easiest to get to – Just use a screwdriver to pry it open. This will allow you to read parameters while driving without having to use an OBD 2 cable.
When driving a Ram with Hemi V8, you can find that their gas mileage is not as good when compared to other cars in the same class. This is because normal car manufacturers use narrow band sensors to read the oxygen level in your exhaust so it can adjust how much fuel goes to the engine. With the new Bully Dog GT Platinum Tuner you can get your Ram Hemi to save gas at a faster rate than with the regular exhaust system.