When you are looking for a new oil filter for your 6.7 Cummins, it can be difficult to find the best one. There are many different options and prices that make it hard to know which one is best for you. Here, we will help break down the differences between each type of oil filters so you can finally find the perfect match!
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Fleetguard LF16035 Oil Filter for Dodge Ram Cummins Engines Diesel at Amazon!
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Diesel Filter Set Mopar OEM at Amazon!
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your WIX 57620XP Oil Filter at Amazon!
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your K&N Premium Oil Filter HP-4003 at Amazon!
Overall #1 Rated Pick
The superior Fleetguard LF16503 Dodge Ram Cummins Engine Oil Lubrication Filter removes the soot and contaminants from your engine oil, which keeps it cleaner longer. This Fleetguard LF16035 is a dependable filter that you know can be depended on to keep your engine running smoothly and extending the life of your vehicle. What makes this oil filter so great is its high quality construction that will never let a single particle through, guaranteeing that your car stays clean and running as smoothly as possible.
- Designed for extended change intervals.
- These will keep the oil cleaner, longer.
- #1 recommend oil filter for my truck especially that it runs oil change intervals longer than most.
How often should I replace oil filter in the 6.7 Cummins engine?
The manufacturer recommends oil filter change at every 15,000 miles or 12 months.
The key is to pay attention and listen for any signs that your engine may need a new oil filter sooner rather than later to avoid causing damage.
If you are running at high speeds then it might be wise to replace filters more often as well. This will also decrease the risk of wearing down the engine prematurely, which can lead to costly repairs in the long run.
How to change oil filter in 6.7 Cummins
The process of changing the oil filter for a Cummins engine is not very difficult but it takes time. The average person should be able to change their own oil and filter in about an hour, if they have all the necessary tools at hand. There are many different brands that offer filters for these engines so take some time before making your selection to make sure you get one with good reviews by other owners who have used them in similar applications.
Some people prefer paper media while others like synthetic fiber cloths or metal mesh screens and still others want stainless steel inside as protection against corrosion from carbon-based particles which may become embedded within the screen over time causing decreased flow rates as well as possible blockages when cleaning.
Step By Step
- Step One: Remove the drained oil by tipping your truck on its side.
- Step Two: Remove the old filter from the engine and place it in a clean garbage bag or container with leak protection to avoid any spills.
- Step Three: Take out your new filter, rinse off any dust particles with water and set aside for installation later. Have an assistant help you hold up the bottom of the engine so that gravity can do most of work during this process. NOTE – Be sure to have enough space around engine before removing drain plug! There are many important things under there! If not careful you may damage them like belts, hoses etc…and that would be costly if something were broken or fluid leaked out.
Types of oil filters for 6.7 Cummins Diesel Engines
There are two main types of oil filters for the Cummins diesel engine: a spin-on and an in-line. A spin on filter can be mounted to the outside of your vehicle, while the inline is installed inside your engine compartment. Both have their advantages but when it comes down to cost, space and ease of installation, I recommend that most people use a spin on filter because they’re easier than installing an inline type.
Best oil filter for 6.7 Cummins Diesel
The top best product [hide]
The WIX XP Oil Filter is recommended in harsh driving conditions, such as towing. It traps up to 100% more dirt and contaminants than the high-performance diesel engine requires, resisting premature plugging due to oil breakdown. The filter media also withstands high temperatures and conditions for longer service life.
Why does Oil Filter need to be replaced
An oil filter is a type of filtration system which removes impurities from the engine’s lubricating oil. The purpose of an oil filter is to maintain clean, healthy oils and keep the motor running smoothly for extended periods of time. To do this, it catches large particles as well as those that are smaller in size-especially metal shavings commonly created by wear on internal components or abrasive dirt particles picked up by high speed air flow within the combustion chamber. Many people might wonder why they need to replace their filters when you can just take them off and reuse them?
Essentially, there are two reasons:
- Firstly, these elements will eventually clog your machine if not removed.
- Secondly, keeping using old oil filter may cause negatively impact oil pressure, hydraulic pressure, or the engine’s ability to regulate temperature.
The importance of changing your oil filter regularly is a critical step that should never be forgotten about if you want your car to run smoothly for extended periods of time – even with higher mileage on it!
How to choose Oil filter For Cummins?
Finding a replacement for your Cummins engine can be quite difficult, but luckily we have the perfect oil filter for you.
There are many different manufacturers and types of oil filters to choose from so it’s important that you find one that is right for your vehicle. You might need to order an adapter kit in addition to the filter itself if they don’t come with everything needed at first glance. We recommend using this guide when choosing an oil filter as we give our expert opinion on what will work best!
– Oil Filters by Brand: Amsoil | Bosch | Fram/Ametech | Purolator| Wix
Each of these brands has a different design and features, so it’s important to find one that will work best for your engine. If you don’t know where to start we recommend checking out our guide below! Remember, when choosing an oil filter the size and coverage is everything! So make sure that the oil filter will provide maximum coverage in order to keep dirt from entering into areas which can cause damage over time if not cleaned up properly. We also recommended being mindful of what type of installation procedure is necessary since there are some filters which require more care than others because they have difficult designs or installation procedures.