The best ignition coils for Ford F150 can be a little difficult to find. There are many different sources of information available, but sifting through the best advice when you don’t know where to start is always tough. Luckily, we’ve done all the research and compiled everything you need to know into one easy-to-follow article. Our reviews will help you make an informed decision about which parts best suit your needs and our tips will show you how best to use them!
- Great quality and affordability
- OE STANDARD
- Very easy to install
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your MAS Ignition Coil DG508 & Motorcraft Spark Plug SP479 compatible for Ford 5.4L at Amazon!
- Compatible to: 2004 - 2008 FORD F-150 5.4L V8 **NOTE!! **5.4L ONLY
- A great set of coils for a great price
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Bravex 8 Pack Straight Boot Ignition Coils 15% More Energy for Ford F-150 at Amazon!
- Best budget option
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your ENA Set of 8 Straight Boot Ignition Coil Pack Compatible with Ford f150 at Amazon!
- Value for money: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Purchase link: Buy your Set of 8 Ignition Coil Pack for Ford F150 at Amazon!
Overall #1 Rated Pick
If you’re looking for respectable quality combined with affordability, this is the perfect product for you.
Thanks to the easy-to-install design and optimized power output, your car will start up faster than ever before with this affordable product! These replacement parts also come with a guarantee of OE standard so you always know that you’re getting the highest caliber of goods. They can also improve fuel mileage and your car’s performance.
These coils typically have reviews from customers who have had success installing them on their vehicles, so you’ll be able to read up on some customer feedback before buying any coils if you want extra assurance.
- Great quality and affordability.
- Fit the 2006 ford f-150 5.4L.
- Very easy to install.
- OE STANDARD.
- Optimized design for higher fuel mileage.
- Strong mold polishment ability to improve productivity.
What are Ignition Coils
Ignition coils are small electrical devices that use electromagnetic induction to convert the 12-volt power of your vehicle’s electrical system into 35,000 or more volts. The best ignition coils for Ford F150 have a long life and can withstand high voltage without shorting out. They’re also much less likely to wear out than spark plugs!
Signs of a bad ignition coils
If your coils don’t work, but the spark plugs are fine and everything else electrical in your vehicle is functioning properly, you might need to replace them. Symptoms of a bad coil include:
- Wires that crack or melt
- A clicking noise when attempting to start the engine
- Electrical issues with other parts under the hood (such as an alternator)
- The inability to start your Ford F150 at all!
There’s also a chance that coils can cause heavy vibrations or misfires; if these symptoms persist after new coils have been installed then there could be another issue like dirty fuel injectors. In this case it would be best for you contact a mechanic before continuing on your journey!
How long do 150-F ignition coils last
It’s best to replace coils every 60,000 miles or if coils have been in use for more than five years. You may want to consider changing coils at the same time as spark plugs and fuel injectors.
In general, ignition coils can last anywhere between 50,000-100,000 miles before they start failing on your car. However- it is difficult to determine how long a coil will last because there are many factors that could affect its lifespan: running conditions (city driving vs highway), temperature changes (particularly hot days), maintenance history of vehicle. The key thing you should be aware of when replacing coils is that if one fails suddenly with a little warning then all other coils in the system are likely also near failure point.
How to change the ford F150 ignition coil on a 2003-2008 model – STEP BY STEP Guide
There are a few steps to follow when changing coils.
- First, start by using the jack and ramps or creeper under your vehicle so you can get underneath it comfortably.
- Take off any protective plastic covers from around the coils and use an air compressor to blow out dirt that may have accumulated in there over time.
- You’ll also need some wire brush cleaners for this step as well- they’re specially designed with metal bristles on one side of the tool which is perfect for cleaning inside coils without damaging them (because coils contain delicate copper wiring).
- Next, go ahead and remove any bolts holding down each coil before removing its cover plate with disconnecting its wires from nearby plugs or connectors.
- Once all three coils are disconnected then simply unscrew them.
Best Ignition Coils for Ford F150
The top best product [hide]
You'll save yourself some hassle in the long run with all these electronic components keeping your car going strong every day. The MAS Ignition Coil DG508 & Motorcraft Spark Plug SP479 are OE Standard and easy to install. They can also improve fuel mileage and your car's performance.
This is one investment that will bring you years of happiness!
These coil pack set will reduce common failures such as delays in starting, or excessive cranking time, misfires, lack of power as well as inconsistent transmission shifts. This bargain-priced package is easy to install and comes with a lifetime warranty!
With ENA Coil Pack you can be sure that everything is top-notch.